Friday 7 February 2014

What now?

Now I have decided on creating a level for Skyrim I need to run through a few ideas, I mean, I want my level to flow with the game and not stick out as though it was obviously a mod and to do this I felt I should get some inspiration and what better way that to start playing through the game again and to visit some of the dungeons and quests already within the game.

After questing and exploring for awhile to get some inspiration and to ensure I didn't mess with the flow of the game or make something the player would question I decided I needed a few key features.

 - - - - - - Key Features - - - - - -
  • A believable story line
  • A mini quest or reason for the player to be there
  • plenty of "cluttering" to make the dungeon or cave look believable and inhabited
  • Rewards (why would a player want to go there if they won't get anything from it)
  • A challenge (A boss scenario, maybe an ambush, maybe some traps)
  • A mental challenge (The level cannot be a simple one route walk through)
  • A believable world hook-up (Creating an exterior cell so the player can find it in the world)

Obviously these key features are very vague so far, but where I am now is in more of a conceptual stage, soon I will begin creation of some basic ideas and layouts of the cave system.



No comments:

Post a Comment